Context.IO App Challenge
Email is the data source, Context.IO is the tool.
What you dream up to build with it is up to you.
- Cash Prizes $125,000
- Submission Period May 12–Sep. 1st, 2015
Founder and Managing Partner of Union Square Ventures
Managing Director, Mobius Venture Capital and Foundry Group
Co-Founder and Managing Director of TechStars
Co-Founder, CEO, and Chairman of Return Path
Founder and Executive Director, Capital Factory
- Grand Prize $50,000
- 1st runner-up $25,000
- 2nd runner-up $15,000
- Best student app
- Best parsing app*
- Best growth in an app during submission period
- Popular Choice
- Large Organization Recognition Award
- Non-cash, recognition only for organizations with 50+ employees
Bonus Prizes (Overall Winners can claim these too!)
What can you build with Context.IO?
Context.IO is a RESTful API that makes it simple to connect to email servers and build apps on top of your user’s email data. And, it works with any email server that uses IMAP (That’s nearly all of them).
You may be wondering what you could possibly build with email data. Have you ever stopped to think about all of the different things we use our email account for?
- storing receipts and coupons
- sharing photos
- managing tasks and projects
- receiving notifications from other applications
- making appointments
- storing documents
- keeping track of travel itineraries
- managing relationships
- tracking things to read
- saving contact information
- collaborating with a group
- having discussions
Want to see more examples of email data in action to get the creative juices flowing? Browse a few of the existing apps built using Context.IO:
* Receipt parsing is currently in beta. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get started.